INAUGURAL EVENT MAY 27th 2017
La Maison Oakland will open her doors on May 27th with a FREE , donation based event that will bring together different types of artists and offer the audience a new vision on today's Bay Area art scene.
La Maison is an artist-run initiative, venue and residency based in East Oakland that provides a free space for artists of all practices to meet, collaborate, and connect with their audience.
The inaugural event will feature artists working in many mediums including dance, visual art installations, fashion, jewelry, music and live theater.
Many thanks to our sponsors: Michel Bistro Oakland, Yoni Levy Chef at Outerlands San Francisco, Inconnu Wines , Tessier Winery and Donkey and Goat Winery.
LINEUP WILL INCLUDE :
- DJ set and ambiance creation by Kelly House
- Bartending / cocktails creation by Erin Callahan
- Multiple dance performances ( modern dance choreographed by Dana Genshaft with Mathilde Froustey and Sarah Cecilia Griffin , Hip Hop dance )
- Visual art installation by Vera Gould, Nadia Mufti, Brie Noel Taylor, Nobuhiro Sato and Margaret Wingard
- Poetry by Joemea Enriquez Santos
- Photography exhibition by Manolo ,
The Aperturist and Kristin Cofer showing The Rose Project.
- Fashion shows by "Lan Jaenicke" supported by Joemae's poetry , "Atelier Prélude" choreographed by Dan Genshaft and "Tokyo Gamine" choreographed by Ryuji Fukuyama. All of them featuring dancers from the Bay Area.
- Musical creation / jazz piano guitar electro by Florian Bachelier
- Jewelry designer exhibitions by WenWen, Iris Willow & Summer Sun
- Improvised comedic sets by Tess Menzies and Natasha Vinik
- Piano performance by Danny Sullivan, Opera by Emily Markoe and Waiton Farrell
- Poi performance by Greg Schwartz
AND MORE SURPRISES ARE COMING !
Visual art, photography and jewelry exhibition will be going on during the entire event.
7PM-9PM • ARTISTIC SALON •
Wine Tasting & Complimentary Bites
Meet and Chat with artists & the founders of La Maison
Live Music / Opera
Live Mannequins & Dancers Fashion / Dance Show
9PM-12PM • AFTER PARTY •
Bartending / cocktails creation
Musical creation / piano guitar electro
Donation based Drinks / Cocktails / Food
RSVP required: lamaisonoakland.eventbrite.com [ Password: lamaison ]
Donations raised will go toward funding the inaugural event including the compensation of each artist and the purchase of materials needed for artistic creations made at La Maison. Any extra funds raised will be kept for future artists' residency projects, materials, and events.
A FEW PHOTOS FROM LA MAISON INAUGURAL EVENT
Thank you all for coming to this amazing inaugural event. La Maison's doors are now open to the Bay Area artists !